You didn't really think it was over did you????
nahhhhhhh .... no way ... it is not over....there are so many more Whatevers out there...they all need a story...and seriously it was way too much fun! We so enjoyed each others stories and the MANY amazing stories of those of you who participated that we've decided to create another year worth of stories and call this one Whatevers Two.
And, since Cat , Nat and I had so much fun we thought we would invite a few friends to join us! So please join us as we offer a big round of applause and a great big welcome our friends Carmen Sanchez and Martha Richardson as they join us for Round 2 of the Whatevers!
We will start with the first Whatever in Round 2 on July 15, 2013 AND we would love to have you join us. And just in case you don't know how the Whatevers work, here's a short summary :)
The Whatevers – is a creative story telling project founded by Nat Kalbach, Vicki Chrisman and me in 2012.
I know you've been to a flea market now and again. As you peruse the different tables you come across a pile of old photos that just draws you in. As you look through the pile you get a weird thought and then begin to wonder just what were those people doing, thinking, experiencing in their lives? Sometimes you find a little trace of the history on those photos, the name and city of the photographer, a scribbled note or year on the back of the photo…but that is it. There is no more.
Really…no more? They are forgotten as long as they have no name and no story…
If you want, you can watch our intro video from 2012:
Here is how it works
- Cat, Nat, Cuchy (Carmen), Martha and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos for our Whatevers that we will write a story for.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- but not on Facebook!
- There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the art form you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an art journal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
See you on July 15 with the first Whatever Two!
THANKS for stopping by!!