Yay... time for "Whatevers"!! I have been waiting for this photo! lol It totally cracks me up. Every single character ( and I mean... "Character") in this photo just seems to have a story of their own. These photos are supposed to be of people we don't know ..but if somebody doesn't claim these folks I am, because they are a hoot! lol If your not familiar with our little monthly endeavor called the "Whatevers", it's a creative venture my friends Natatlie Kalbach, Catherine Scanlon and I have been involved in for going on a year now. We always invite everyone to play along. You can read all about it down further in this post.
Here is what a created this month. You can click on it to see it larger :)
Like I said, I felt each of these folks seemed to have a story of their own, so I numbered them so that their story will coordinate with their number. ( by the way, for the sake of story telling , I've decided to make myself be #12 lol, she seem like such a lovely young lady. haha)
Each of them have a few things you may not know about them, that I plan to share :)
The arrow above points to the back of my project where the sheet of info of each person is attached.
The title seemed fitting , and they defiantly each seem to be individuals.... "one of a kind" lol
I thought it would be best if I posted the photo with the numbers larger here with the numbered stories for each of them below so you could put the two together :)
1). Cousin Nelly has always been a serious sort of gal. Mostly keeping to herself and only occasionally coming around for family gatherings. She is the only daughter of Aunt Edna.
2) Aunt Edna is a strict woman who raised her two children Nelly and William by herself after her husband Benjamin ran off with the Blacksmiths wife. It was quite the scandal at the time. But many who knew Aunt Edna… said it was quite understandable as she was quite a harsh woman.. Edna’s son Hank, well he was a story all his own.
3) Hank… My mother would say he is crazier than a pet raccoon. He likes to drink a lot.
4) My brother William is a dentist in town and is making a fine living for himself, his wife Carolyn and children Violet and Clem.
5) My brothers charming wife Carolyn. She is a good mother to the children but it seems to Mother and I that she rarely lets William make decisions on his own. Sometimes I wonder if she thinks she is better than the rest of us simply because she comes from money.
6) Cousin Edmond recently moved back to the Midwest from New York. He had aspirations of being a actor but things just never panned out for him. Poor fella.
7) Cousin Barth is Edmond older brother. Since their parents passed a few years back, Barth has been trying to make a go of things tending to the family mortuary. Now that his Brother Edmond is back from New York his hoping he will be ready to help out.
8) Clem is my brother Williams son. My parents love their grandchildren so much. They would do anything for them. I also hope someday to have children for my parents to spoil.
9) My father Gabriel. A man who loves his family more than anything. Works hard every day of his life to support my mother and make her life happy. He is a good man.
10) My mother Helena. She, like my father .. loves her family endlessly. Every crazy last one of them.
11) Well, that handsome devil is my husband Hal. He is the love of my life. How could I ask for a more.. a man who serves me breakfast in bed and rubs my feet every night. Oh.. that’s my man.
12) That’s Me… Bess. I know that Mother and Father miss having me at home now since Hal and I have married, but they knew it was bound to be. Being such pretty girl, I had many suitors over the years, but when Hal came around ( and my 40th birthday just around the corner) I thought it time for me to take a husband.
13) Violet is my brother Williams daughter. My mother adores her and keeps her close teaching her to pick potato bugs in the garden and pluck chickens properly…much to her mother Carolyns dismay.
Okay... so ... You want to play??? Here's more information. This months photo is posted below.
Want to play along?? We have just a few things to let you know about:
- Cat, Nat and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you – just right click on it to safe it to download and show us your version of The Whatevers.
- There are no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There are no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There are no rules on the art form you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an art journal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
Now you'll want to pop on over and see what Nat and Cat created this month!
Remember ... we'd love to have you play along!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!