Funny how the simplest things can inspire you at times. The base to my layout started with that paint swatch on the top half of the page. The aqua color is just under the claim check piece then the black.. gray, then wheat color. I love the combo. I picked it up on day on a whim and heres where it landed.
Emil had been crafting barrels at the Smeals company still for over 40 years. He was a master at what he did, and took pride in his work. This order... "Barrel #39" was a challenge, even for him. He had been working on this barrel for months. It was by far the largest whiskey barrel he had ever crafted. He always laughed when he showed us this picture, saying it was taken long after the barrel was finished and was ready for shipment. The barrel took many lifts and pulleys just to get it to the dock where this photo was taken .. once it had been filled with whiskey and aged. Before barrel #39 was shipped off, Emil was posed with it , there on the dock for this photo.
Here is how it works if you want to play along:
- Nat, Cat and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you – just right click on it to safe it to download and show us your version of The Whatevers.
- There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the art form you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an art journal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us andshow us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
check out what Nat and Cat created this month
Click here to see what Nat made from the photo this month
Click here to see what Cat made from the photo this month
Thanks for stopping by!